Surprise - February 5, 2013

Back in the studio over the past few days I've noticed that I can spend hours playing with and enjoying the materials: beeswax for encaustic and acrylic mediums, as well as ink, papers, and other assorted materials. I can lose myself in the work, wordless, and without serious outcome intent. 

Recently I started with an image that's been in my mind and began playing with it, with intention focused in momentary exploration. I brought a few things into the house to leave on the table for viewing as I pass by, and I notice myself being surprised in the morning by the product on the table. Not that it's great work, but it's a delightful surprise that the immersion in the experience resulted in the by-product of a painted image.

Encaustic monoprint with ink and acrylic

Comments