Mountain Climbing - February 22, 2015

As I make my way painting and writing my book, I am almost daily confronted with new hurdles, barriers, mostly technical such as software, photography, managing files, design, etc. all new territory for me. It calls for a degree of patience and persistence I have not heretofore experienced and I am amazed that I seem to have this in good measure, at least for the time being. 

A couple of days ago I figured out a really critical piece of the puzzle and it was huge. I reached out to all sorts of people as well as online looking for clues and by midday had figured out a strategy that I believe will work using the tools at hand. We'll see.

Meantime, it's work away until the next mountain to scale, which is just around the corner. 

The painting below is Joan Gold at work on her work. She is my inspiration, understands the obsession, and does not laugh, at least in my company. I am blessed beyond measure to know her and to have quality time together weekly. At 80, she is the most alive person I know, following her joy, no apologies. What a model! A mentor. I am blessed, blessed, blessed.


Comments