Obsessed

I know, I know, it's my middle name, maybe even my given name, and this time I can't narrow it to just one item.

Took myself on an early nutritious walk today at the marsh for the purpose of filling my retinas with  morning light (best thing for sleep supposedly) and gifting my feet and their attached body parts with ambulating over textured surfaces. This is all arising from the recent obsession with Katy Bowman. I am devouring her podcasts and books, Dynamic Aging, and Wholebody Barefoot and feeling satisfied in the doing.

Then there is Miba, arms attached, hands nearly done, now knitting head and snake adornments. Hard parts are the small parts with sometimes each stitch taking several tools to accomplish. Snakes are knit with recycled sari silk ribbon and a sari I used as a sleeping bag liner on a recent trip. It shreds into beautiful "yarn" easily.

Which led me to think about other possible yarns - bicycle inner tubes - inspired by a visit to SFMOMA where there is not one single knitted figure or knitting of any sort! How can this be? Such an oversight.

Then I considered men's silk ties and purchased a bundle at a Berkeley thrift store for a colorful song.

Life is feeling nutritious, adventurous, and full!

Comments