DIY

Yesterday I finally started to face the problem that is my sinking and deteriorating raised beds and the weedy mess that is the path between them. As I started to scrape and dig the weedy paths I realized that there was up to six inches of gorgeous soil (years of mulching with wood chips does that) and that by scraping it off the paths would be lowered, the beds would be relatively raised and there would be mounds of new soil.

The old permaculture principle in action: problems become solutions for something else.

And along the way, as I was rooting around for a board to patch a bed I found some 2 x 4's that would do nicely for a soil screen which I've wanted for a long time and finally I really need one. So I stopped and built one. Not a right angle to be found and not as stable as I'd like, using nails not screws.

So next step is to get the girl a gun, her first drill driver and watch out world she's gonna start fixing and building stuff.

Comments