Momentary Choosing - March 15, 2012

Recently, while watching objects arising in mind, I was struck not only by the speed and variety of the popping in and out of the phenomena, but also in each moment the degree of possibility presented in the choice at each one of these appearances. 

There's a thought which I can watch drift by, jump on and ride in an ever building story, morph into a judgment, opinion, or host of these, relate to a sensation, or many other possibilities. Then comes a sensation. Will I label it irritating, pleasant, barely of note, or connect it to a memory or feeling that can send the mind going in another direction? When I watch the speed of arising and note the possible directions that can ensue, I begin to appreciate that the space from which everything arises as having total freedom and total possibility. 

What an exciting place ... or at least potential!

Encaustic Monotype


Comments