A Day of Sad

Sudden loss of a Hospice patient, visiting his grieving wife, and reminiscing about another recent Hospice friend's death, I am overtaken by the meaning that everyone has on the lives of those around them, those who love them. 

My own youngest brother died about five years ago unexpectedly and in reviewing my own unresolved grief, I have been struck by the sense that he only asks my love. What could be easier, he was so delightful. And yet, I feel that I didn't fulfill this simple request.

How easy, yet how important to simply love, right now, those right here and now who mean so much to us.




Comments

Unknown said…
It's never too late to love, it is the foundation, the deepest part and it is wondrous when we can sink in at last. Love can contain it all.
Rebecca said…
Thank you for what feels like the truth and wisdom of our situation. Love and Blessings