Itching - November 28, 2012

Immersed in the practice of mindful itching, I have become an explorer of the evolution of an itch without a scratch. The initial pointed, prickling, sometimes ragged linear edge sears intensely before slowly melding into more amorphous tingling, gradually transforming into subdued presence .......then arises elsewhere as a dance of energy on my face, unpredictable, resistant to will.

And though I don't wish this to keep happening, I take solace in knowing that itching is a symptom of healing and like everything, will change.

Zen Brush Itch Monster

Comments

Gerry said…
Your artwork, and thoughtful comments in your reflections are absolutely amazing. Not only do you demonstrate great artistic talent, which I am totally amazed with as I know how recent you undertook this aspect of your life (recent compared to most artists); in addition the insightfulness of your words speak of a mature, experienced, accepting and well balanced person. Your wisdom is a light to any that have the privilege to experience it. You have said that this is a process for you, not your readers as you don’t know who is reading it, and that makes it even more special. It makes me think of many nights camping in Alberta hearing the beautiful call of the loon. The loon cares not who hears it, it only responds to the need to make the call and I suspect gains some gratification or release with the call. Its beauty to those that hear it are not just from the notes, but also the unabashed honesty of the expressions in the call.
Take care and much love, Gerry