Technosphere Hell - April 28, 2018

We are in the final preparations for a lengthy trip to Europe and I'm trying to get my computer which has never worked right. Dell points at Microsoft who points at Dell and there I sit in the middle with a blue screen, no help, and a significantly depleted checking account.

It makes me reflect on technology which seems to have gotten ahead of us, is controlling us, sucking up time and energy and I wonder "is this situation a good thing, cutting me off from a screen?" - currently using the ancient desktop.

It makes me hope that the technosphere is a stage we pass through into something more enlightening - Jude Currivan suggests the coming noosphere - I surely hope so, though too late for me, I suspect.

Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.