Greening of My Heart - June 13, 2011

Foxglove at Morris Graves - pastel June 2011

Color is so fundamentally important to me that I dream, think, and
imagine pure, simple color, sometimes one at a time, sometimes in
combination. We are so saturated in rain that northern California,
even the SF Bay area is still green in June. This redwood coast strip
is bursting with greens that press into and fill my heart and entire
being. Since visiting the Morris Graves estate for a plein air
painting day, I've been overcome with spring green and following my
redwood walk today was inspired to record:

      Photohilic fern fingers
      dance over redwood duff,
      floating tips gesture in tender grace.

      Silent fox flashes tail
      gliding up ascending path,
      avoiding eye contact.

Comments