Connecting What’s Already Present - August 19, 2011

Like so many of us I am looking to find my true purpose in life .. you know, the real purpose beyond work, raising children, being involved in community ….. or so I imagine. In fact it is a fundamental drive in my transition from formal work to new work (retirement). The thing is, the new work is not yet defined. I’m living in uncertainty …. exploring, incubating, waiting.

I’ve recently heard of others who describe that suddenly a piece of what they are doing gets connected to another center of activity or creativity and sparks another and a chain reaction occurs with ingredients at hand from their current life.  This feels true and important. Creative ideas connect with internal imperatives, connect with activities we already do in a new formulation for a completely different result and direction.

I’m currently in a scavenging phase myself, getting lit up by ideas that feel that somewhere is coming some connection, but meanwhile, a little seedling is being watered, fed, and lit with all the creative light I can muster, in hopes that it will grow beyond it’s tender little sweetness to a full blown impetus in the world.

Stay tuned.

Comments