Field of Flowers - August 15, 2011

I’ve been inspired by a course I’m taking that is opening my heart to the need to both wake up and grow up, that enlightenment alone is not sufficient without embodiment in the world of form. This resonates deeply for me. One of the other students, Clare, discussed the concept that the divine is as much in need of us (our eyes, hands, hearts) as we are in need of its inspiration. She also mentioned the Rumi poem about meeting in the field beyond good and bad, and this morning I woke up with the following for Clare:




          Miasma

Misty shroud ensconces
swirling stories trapped inside.

Outside the shell
freedom beckons
in Rumi’s field.

Yes,
I’ll meet you, dearest,
when this foggy veil
is lifted by the grace
of our intention.


                       Field - Pastel Aug. 2011


Comments