Collage Poem - March 20, 2015

          YOU AND ME BOTH

                 I tried to put a bird in a cage
                that had been sitting at my window
                                                collecting rocks and feathers
                                before the cat removed his head!

                  What deeds has the universe forgotten?
                 the wind I can’t see
                         I know how it feels
                 Nonetheless I came, and I shall stay
                                                my stars just shines too bright.

     Should I tell the truth
     Or should mother hear lies?

                                Come sit in the sun
                     that blank space could only be filled by

                                the gentle rhythm of oars.


Comments