Gold in the Mud - November 8, 2017

It's been a trying few days following some harsh criticism of my tango technique where I have been processing the pain of the experience and swimming in the muck for the learning that I knew was in there somewhere ... not the anger at the deliverer but the thing in me that wants to be seen and heard. And this morning I found it!

In the self inquiry, I finally got to the question "why do I dance?", and in that answer is the realization that it is not about technique, it is about connection with my own body sensation and joy, with a partner's intention, with the experience of creating something new and potentially exciting, subtle, sweet, dramatic, quiet etc. etc. Technique is useful in as much as it removes barriers to experiencing, for being present for the unfolding of a moment that will never occur again.

Comments