Yellow Fever

I seem to be seized by the color yellow which is dancing into soul collage cards and calling to me from the yarn stash by its absence. I came across some natural colored, undyed yarn and with all the yellow flowers in the spring floral palette, it occurred to me that maybe I could dye the yarn with local colorful substances.

And thus I set to gathering flowers of broom, acacia, oregon grape, and mustard, and adding to that some onion skin and turmeric. I realize it's unorthodox to make a sort of dye soup but I wanted a nice soft buttery mid-yellow, not too cool and green and not too gold so I thought that this blend might work, based on nothing but hope.

The witchy chemist set to work, throwing everything but the kitchen sink into the project and is very happy with the yarn produced, her first.

Comments