Hands and Heart

Along with my regenerating the land project I'm working with Cooperation Humboldt, a local Transition movement focused on moving from an extractive economy to a solidarity economy which I am learning about.

Apparently there are four principles to craft a just transition:
  • what the hands do the heart learns
  • if it is the right thing to do we have every right to do it
  • if we are not prepared to govern we are not prepared to win
  • if it is not soulful it is not strategic
For the moment, I am focused on the first one regarding my planting and other land based work and it is absolutely true. I feel my "self" dissolving as I work out there, hands vibrating, throbbing, swelling, even hurting, yet heart expanding, connecting, beating with the birds, flowers, trees, mushrooms, and soil. Appreciating the rain falling, seeing the impact on the soil and plants, I feel my boundaries wither, my insides empty, and the self dissipate as it expands and includes and becomes a part of the ecosystem.
.

Comments