Reflecting

This enforced time of slowing, greening of earth, brings reflection time that is peaceful and lovely.

As I listen to very fine music, like Bach, it takes me back to Bach festivals and I ask myself, "is there any need to try to repeat that?" They were so fine that doing so undermines the very thing.

In normal circumstances it seems my way is to finish with one experience and then plan the next, not really taking time to savor and appreciate the fleetingness of all of it.

This is a good time to say, enough. I have had many experiences, and taken little time to reflect on them, to see how they've fed me, changed me, grown me. And now is that time.

It's sort of what I expected to be doing on the death bed, but it's too good to wait for that. I can enjoy it now, and tomorrow.


Comments

Elizabeth said…
Love the photo! Looks very peaceful!