The HeART of Bach - July 13, 2012

Returning from the Bach Festival to coastal gloom, listening to St.Matthew Passion the entire drive home, I am smitten by every aspect of that work, including the libretto. I didn't anticipate being so moved by the words. The ending is poignant with the cries of "we will make a grave for you in our hearts" and the accompanying concept of whatever wrongs we commit in life, we seek to subsequently expand our hearts and move on, reforming those wrongs, if only internally. This masterpiece contains it all and makes me feel that sense of each of us having the capacity to do truly terrible acts and also to be compassion incarnate. 


The heart to heart connection was palpable in the performance yesterday between musicians and audience and especially with Conductor Helmuth Rilling.  It was surprising to me that I had just done the iPad painting below the day prior to the performance.

Arising - iPad art

Comments