Another Goodbye - March 15, 2013

Though losing a companion is routine for Hospice volunteering, saying goodbye is never the same. I knew my most recent companion only during his last several weeks, yet I have been deeply touched and impacted by the experience of being with him. Several paintings arose during our time together and the words and painting below after his passing.


We Met

We met in silence, you too ill to speak, me an introvert;
Our language was touch … trust.

We met as your body was dissolving, preparing to shift;
I humbled to contemplate your movement …  transformation.

We met in the art gallery of your home, your heart it’s palette;
My heart bows to the tender artist who there resides.

You left as silence, final releasing of sound,
You leave me drawing from your depth.


Encaustic




Comments