It's a Dance not a Journey - August 28, 2016

Alan Watts on Life. And in spite of constant tropes to the contrary, I am with him. No destination, only the doing. A dance doesn't have a goal or a product, it only asks for the experiencing of it.

And then, and then, it gets more complex, like last night when I embraced the opportunity for a last tango in Humboldt before heading to Italy for 2 months, with high expectations for a juicy evening. Ah, that dangerous word, "expectations", the joy killer. Too many follows, too much sitting out, and even the dances just didn't connect - the entire point of tango.

So, I was left with a body full of unease as I hit the sheets, when I realized the treasure trove of that fullness and watched the spinning thinking, let the sadness emerge - much larger than the moment called for, and felt the wandering bodily sensations.

In the morning I had time for one quick hour of dance church (ecstatic dance) before the flight ... and that was the antidote. Dancing as much as I like, how I like, and the playlist was whimsical, sweet, inviting, the participants happy in a kicking up their heels sort of a way.

I live to dance another day.


Acrylic Collage

Comments