Would it Kill You to Smile?

Rage Becomes Her: The Power of Women's AngerAccording to Saroya Chemaly, it would kill us as our rage is one of our most important resources, our sharpest tool against political oppression.

Well it seems I'm in good company - well sort of...  I've been noticing how uncomfortable I can be for people to be around when I begin to express how I'm feeling about what's happening, even around women who are engaged with the current misogynistic tsunami. There are smiles everywhere, but not from me, I'm done with pretending, stuffing myself into a socially presentable package.

Good and Mad audiobook cover artDown Girl: The Logic of Misogyny
I've found some books for company on our journey to Canada, where I know my siblings will ask why the hell do I stay in this country and I wonder what I'll say. 


So I am going to honor my rage, dive into it, respect it, and explore with some women who have recently chosen to write about this emerging, uncomfortable, unacceptable fact of life at this time.


     

Comments