Black and Blacker

a tiny beauty
Luckily hardly anyone reads this since sometimes I just need to say things that I know people can't bear to hear. So feel free to bail right here.

I am obsessed with the pandemic and the surrounding perfect storm context in which it exists especially in this country, but since we are so global now we are all in the same toxic pot.

Previously my focus has been on climate crisis and my attempt to find some optimism as a rallying cry to action. I can find positive aspects of the outbreak in terms of climate in the sense of decreased CO2 release with less travel, an emergency that can bring local people together through enforced stay orders, and maybe helping us realize that we are not immune to bad things happening and have some choice in how we confront them. Oh, and then there's the fact that a number of politicians in a number of countries are becoming infected ;-)

The way the US is managing the situation is beyond the pale in terms of inadequacy, small mindedness, obfuscation, and ineptitude. It is taking my breath away (oops not yet) and my disbelief list is long.

There is a sense of dread not previously experienced. I've always had a hard time turning away from disturbing situations and carrying on, but in this case, I'm riveted and increasingly terrified by the political response. My fears are in the stratosphere about the implications such that I daren't even pen them. It is full on fascism at play, disregard for human life and total focus on political expediency.

We have much to learn in terms of humility when the tiniest form of life can mess with our systems globally as well as our health. And it's nothing compared to what climate disruptions have in store for us. I am so sorry that I feel this way.

Comments