The Future We Choose

Back to Christiana Figueres whose new book, The Future We Choose: Surviving the Climate Crisis is out today and though I'm only half way, I trust her and think it could be an important read for all of us. She tells of facing her gloom head on when she was charged with heading the Paris Climate Talks. She could not enter with that attitude from Kyoto, so she willed herself into optimism and changed her framework. She is no Pollyanna which is what I object to among optimists, nor is she leaving it to others to take care of.

I will try on the stubborn optimism for the decade which is a heavy lift for me given what my senses tell me, and do what I can to work and pull in this direction. Her story is compelling.

OK Christiana and Tom, please light a path through the quickly darkening morass.

Comments