Falling Apart June 24, 2011

It seems that it’s my time to collect on some payments for such a good and wonderful life by way of blocked doors, “no’s”, challenges that I thought were behind me, getting stuck, and minor disappointments. And it makes me aware as I face a deluge of dukkha, how easy it is to go to the place of feeling that I deserve so little so that’s what I should get, and my, that worsens the situation, my mental resilience, and my confidence in general.

It also opens my heart to compassion for others with problems and gets me the tiniest bit in touch with oppression. I have truly been largely shielded from such forces and have not made a lot of effort to really deeply feel that. So, now some payback time allows me a small glimpse of the energy-sucking miasma that it might bring.

As I always say “it’s not what life brings you that counts, but how you handle it”. Well, now it’s my time to swallow my own trite comments and see how I step up. Not doing so very well, so far.

As I read this blog I see the privilege and good fortune I have had to have had so much time to reflect and pursue my own interests in my own time and way. Even the recent setbacks are minor in the big scheme and yet I am being significantly battered by them. I truly hope that I will be up to the task of learning while dealing with it.

Comments

AM said…
wonderful blog :) glad to have stopped by..
Rebecca said…
Thank you, delighted to have you.
Rebecca