Fail Better - June 15, 2014

This Samuel Beckett quote that has become entrepreneurial meme is more grandmotherly wisdom dressed up in twitter-ese. But does it really matter as long as it spurs the will to push edges, get out of the safe zone? 

Makes me feel cutting edge the way I manage my garden where failures are routine. Fail farming, I suppose. Actually, I have to admit that I have quite a knack for this activity although I prefer to add the part about using the results of the failed trial as a resource, beyond just learning something from the experience, sort of, "fail better, compost your mistakes". (I do this a lot with art, case in point below- take cast off bits of scraps, stick them together and voila, you have a grand failure, and a space filler for a blog post)


Encaustic Collage

Comments