Exploring the Dark and Silent - August 20, 2014

I seem to be in one of those dark holes where things go every which way but forward or at least in my preferred direction. Nasty infection this week laid me up big time coming on right as my computer crashed and leaving me disoriented and deaf in one ear. Several other bizarre situations where things are just weird. 

As the pain subsides I'm back in the studio vacillating between intense acrylic free form play and encaustic. It seems like these two media are asking me to use them together. A big no no, but not if I find the right ways .... and that's what I seem to be working on, like a focused scientist (without the scientific rigor). I'm experimenting with all sorts of materials in various orders and the place is an incredible mess.

The picture below is a traditional encaustic form.



Comments