Lost in Messiness - August 23, 2014

After a wild week of physical challenges I finally got the energy to respond to the voice inside that said in no uncertain terms - "Clean up this studio!". So for two days that's what I've been doing and it feels great, even getting my mind off the art-making Is like a rest from a persistent gnawing.

It feels like a much needed pause to gather, literally, the stuff of the work in a different way. Cleaning a studio is so different because there are constant possibilities presented as work that calls for attention, ideas tugging at my sleeve, but I mostly resisted and sorted, tidied, reorganized, cleaned, and tossed. Another day or so and it should be habitable but luckily a family duty calls me away for a few days first allowing some studio respite.

The painting below was the last before The Great Cleanup. Perhaps it was a premonition.

Encaustic Monotype

Comments