Lost Bearings - August 9, 2014

Since last week when I had an art opening for current encaustic works I've been feeling adrift and lost artistically. Seeing all those paintings up at once, they held together as a body of work yet confronted me with too much white so I've been in the studio all week energetically applying color to all manner of surfaces with no apparent outcome in mind. I am surprised at the angst that I'm feeling.

Today on the water in low tide we had to make a wide sweep to avoid the mucky bottom at the tip of the island and I felt as disoriented on the water as I've been in the studio all week. The mantra on the water is "the tide will come in" and it makes me wonder about taking this mindset to the studio to see what happens.

Here is a small trial of a new direction.

small acrylic collage

Comments