Inside Outside - August 29, 2014

Emerging from the fog of illness induced deafness in one ear I am reaping some learnings from the experience which seem to be aligned with stepping into my sixties and entering a new phase of life. As the world outside closed down sonically, I felt cut off socially and tended to retreat which left me more tuned into my internal world which seemed to have enlarged, as if I could hear more, see more in that realm than usual.

Recent posts on the unknown reflect this journey and underscore the sense that the outer knowns are minuscule compared to the vast internal landscapes that are unencumbered by history, seemingly endless in possibility. And this leaves me feeling hopeful about this coming stage. Could it be that as access to the external world becomes more limited with aging breakdown of body parts, that inner realms become richer, more compelling, intriguing, friendly?


Encaustic Monotype

Comments