Beginning of the End? - August 30, 2017

I find myself wondering if this Berlin tango adventure will be the end of tango for me. It is exposing me to some of the realities of the tango culture that are not so beautiful, some of the difficulties of continuing to dance in a tiny community while becoming a better dancer, and spending more time on the bench than the dance floor which is not what I got in it for.


Clarchens Ballhaus early in the evening, before the sweat and crowds
So in spite of the workshop being incredible, the teacher $%#&%ing amazing, there doesn't seem any place very inspiring to go as a senior citizen. I'll be happy to share learnings with friends at home but have the feeling that they aren't really interested. It's damn hard work.

So, will it be back to choir on Tuesday nights? It could be worse. We'll see.

Meanwhile at the milonga tonight right in the neighborhood, a beautiful old venue with 100% traditional music (not what I love), makes me think that it would have been Hitler approved. The dancing was pretty good, though hot and steamy. I was dancing fast with a guy from Calgary and his sweat was flowing down my face. A new tango experience.


Comments