Gluttony - August 28, 2017

A fresh new day brought two unique tango adventures. First at the outdoor by the river late afternoon milonga, with just one charity tanda from a fellow student in my class. The sole destroying floor was awful (rough plywood) as I'd been warned but the weather was gorgeous. 

Then what may be my peak tango experience at Tango Loft, a candle lit luscious venue that runs for 12 hours on Sundays and was celebrating the end of the Tango Festival. I felt like I was in a mirrored Renoir painting with a mix of traditional and alternative music that flowed from one song to the next without interruption, which is fantastic if you are with a partner that is working out well... and I was ... several long times.

The dancing was superb and more creative as the night progressed. I left at 2 am, completely filled up, worn out, exhilarated. Now I ask, where do I go from here? I see the compulsive chasing of the tango experience which becomes progressively less fulfilling as skill improves and partners are less available, especially in my tiny community. But in the meantime, off to class.

Comments