Sing our way to Sanity

Home now, danced out, feet on the ground, starting to dig out the weeds, and I cannot believe the Fascist mess that is this country. Concentration camps of babies, holding innocents because they are less than. This is really bad and yet like frogs in boiling water we hardly notice because of the gradual heating to get here. American exceptionalism indeed. This country is a standout in intolerance and stupidity.

Well, I'll climb down from that soap box for a moment. And what am I prepared to do about it besides moan and groan, write letters, send teddy bears?

Sing … yes, since I've been home  I've been called by two Eric Whitacre events, Deep Field online virtual choir, and the Big Sing California - a massive California project to get thousands of us singing together. Everyone is included and invited to these events, even really crappy singers like me!


I went to the Baltics because I had been so moved by the singing culture that brought people together and essentially inspired and powered their independence from Russian occupation of decades. While there I saw the most moving concert of my life by the Riga Girls Choir.

Could we change our nightmare by coming together in song? What if we started a 24/7 choir outside the white house singing beautiful songs of all cultures with people joining and leaving as necessary, driving the occupants insane with humanity? What about singing protests of inspiring uplifting song, filling halls of government with beauty and passion, together?




Comments