Geppetto

As I knit Miba (My Inner Bad Ass) she determines the direction we are going. Someone asked me if I made a drawing or figured out the internal structure first and well, no, that never occurred to me. I started knitting at the left great toe and proceeded from there, one stitch at a time. As I knit I feel the character coming to life, like a parent watching a child's personality unfold before their eyes.

I initially thought she would be taller and bigger in the torso, but that's not what she wants. Is that an early pregnancy? I have no idea.

It's physically hard work in my upper body as the stitches are tight, needles large and "yarn" heavy and thick. Even the pose is changing daily as the added parts sway and turn as they choose.

Unlike Geppetto, I hope she doesn't decide to kick me in the knee since her feet are filled with rocks and that would hurt!

Comments