Middling

First leg of a journey.
As life would have it, after bashing my head from one wall to the other I was led to Bayo Akomalafe who has blown the roof and windows open with his tricksterism, revealing through confusion, and bringing me right back to the wildness of the middle. The middle that yesterday was isolating and terrifying is reworked as, "The middle isn't the space between things; it is the world in its ongoing practices of worlding itself." It is the vital non-linear dance of embodiment.

 He speaks of an "obstacle as an opportunity to reconfigure your notion of continuity" and urges allowing the "luxury of confusion and sitting with the awkwardness" suggesting that "in times of urgency ... let us slow down." That last possibility runs opposite to the grain of my history and presents extreme challenge.

For the sake and sanity of those who stumble upon these ramblings, this would surely be a welcome divergence. Good medicine for me, I suspect.



Comments