Composting

I've fallen in love with earthy smelling compost, even turning it and now taking its temperature just to see where we are ... and we are "active." Yay for that!

These days I am the farmer and the farmer's wife so the days are long. This morning I demolished a large pile of wood chips, transporting about 25 wheel barrows full to cover cardboard in the hedgerow before breakfast, and after cutting more pears for the borrowed dehydrator.

This year the pears came through and when dried they are like candy. Yumm, yumm. The pear work goes on all day, cutting them up as they are ripe - a narrow window.

I was so glad to get the heavy work done before the rain. Now I can rest with seed catalog and native plant books. Ah.

I came across a guy and his new book that has my name all over it Building a Better World in Your Backyard - Instead of Being Angry at Bad Guys. Ha!

Comments