As Canadian as ...

My sensei sister and I speak monthly for a couple of hours and today we were riffing on Canadaisms like two hour radio talk shows about coping with the weather, which I find refreshing compared to talk shows here.

Internet photo of Newfoundland
She said there was a CBC contest to complete the phrase "As Canadian as ..." since there is no apple pie like phrase, and the winning entry was "As Canadian as possible under the circumstances." Fits of laughter had us rolling on the floor and pasture respectively as we totally relate to the understated Canadianess of this. God, I miss that place. So I tuned into the special edition of the Cross Country Checkup for the Bomb snowstorm in Newfoundland and felt right at home.

Next time I'm quizzed about citizenship at the border, I will know what to say.


Comments