Free Water Falling From the Sky

That's how I feel about rain these days, total awe and gratitude for every shower. Rain with intermittent bouts of heart break and love.

Yesterday I had just finished laying out the paving stones for the chicken coop that need rain to let them settle before the final leveling ... or so it seems to me. Rain today kept me in the old studio, now workshop, where painting of wood parts goes on and where soon will be the place to begin building with my favorite tool - drill driver.

In the meantime, I listen to and participate in inspiring events like Stephen Jenkinson's book, Come of Age, and an international zoom meeting where I was in a small group empathy circle with a woman in Poland, young man in Whales, and young Turkish woman in Toronto. It was fresh, enlivening, serious, involved deep listening, and was at times heart warming and heart breaking. I'm a little overcome by the speed of change of events in my life.

Getting ready for planting fruit trees in people's front yards is also exciting.

Is it true that love and grief are different sides of the same coin as Stephen says? Feeling like it.

Comments