Dancing with Life - April 16, 2012

Recently home from a retreat with Thomas Hübl my body has awakened and wants to move, move, move!

So that's what we've been doing, she and I, starting with Zumba, then ecstatic dance (Sweat Your Prayers), and finally Sufi Dancing last night. I will also try Nia in a couple of days. And all of this right in my neighborhood or nearby town, just waiting for me to wake up and seize the opportunities.


My recently deceased Hospice companion was always urging me to say Yes! to adventures that speak to me, and as she still feels nearby, I am inspired by her as well.


Though a little stiff and sore this morning, it all feels like the most natural and wonderful thing in the world. And Sufi dancing also includes singing, very simply, in a field of love and acceptance where there "are no mistakes". So once again, just when things can't get any better ..... they do! My throat has been longing to sing, sing, sing!

Encaustic and mixed media

Comments

Mystic Musician said…
Wonderful post Rebecca! Your exploration of dancing and singing sounds truly inspirational!