Goodbye - April 4, 2012

My hospice companion of the last year called for me to come and visit yesterday. She had taken a turn for the worse the day before and was full of energy and light this day. The following poem came to me that night,


                            Sweetheart

The moon sings your praises in soft swooning whispers,
Bathing me in sweet sighing light.

You called for me to be with you today,
To frolic together in Rumi’s Field.

Your body, near gone, releases in ecstasy;
My body, full health, receives your grace.

You reach to touch and to know;
No clutching or fear in your gestures.

I hold and stroke, hug and kiss,
Your essence that grows and gives.

You live graciously, patterned by Yes,
Suffusing me in divine inclination.

We speak of dancing, mothering, gardening,
And you ask me to bring strawberries to Ginger.

I will.

4-4-12

Encaustic Monotype


Comments