Tree Wisdom - April 2, 2012

I frequently walk in a small forest in my neighborhood where there is to be selective harvesting of redwood trees this coming summer. As I walk through this magnificent place I see the trees marked with blue spots and am pretty sure they are the ones to be cut. Contemplating this eventuality, I have found myself in various stages of response from wanting to remove the blue paint to mourning the coming loss.


Today, as I felt the aliveness in my body which was in synch with the forest, the trees and the life of the place, I looked deeply at the trees as I passed by and as I took them in. Initially feeling sad for the trees, I had the clear sense that the trees are just fine, they will live fully and well, right until the time when they will not .... with no time wasted in worrying about future eventualities.


Encaustic Monotype

Comments