Asparagus - December 3, 2016

Finally getting into the garden to begin the winter bed cleaning and today it was the asparagus forest. This work of growing vegetables does not save money or time, in fact it surely is expensive, and yet I do it, and I think I do it to be reminded of my connection to soil and sun ... I mean my real connection as in my body is made of it and dependent on it fundamentally every day. And it gets me in touch with all the phases of work and knowledge it takes to get food on the plate and to our huge inter-dependency.

We break that complex chain at our own peril. Building it took thousands of years, destroying it is easy, and chaos will challenge us right to our deepest cores.

Everything I do, and I mean every little thing is dependent on a multitude of brilliant hearts and minds who I will never know to thank and it is my job to be grateful and keep the chain intact ... maybe add a little something to it.


Sicily vegetables digitized


Comments