Dark and Darker

Get used to it, she said to herself in the middle of the night, it's only going to get worse, then worse, then impossible. She knows everybody knows but chooses not to discuss it or even acknowledge it to themselves. Indeed it's more pleasant that way... until all the surprises that make the anguish difficult to ignore.

My neighbor commented that I must be sleeping well with all the physical activity that leaves me exhausted and falling into bed by sundown each evening. But it's not true. My sleep is terrible. Awake at 2ish every night and last night power had come back I listened to Roger Hallum from August. He's in prison now. It's worth listening to.

After hearing Pence lying on the  evening news earlier, Roger is a relief, as real as he is. If you prefer three minute kitten videos, this is not for you.


Comments