Daffodil Defence

Really, there's more than enough for all of us, deer, gophers, moles, voles, raptors, insects, birds, even crows - they get all the walnuts and most of the blueberries... and of course, slugs and snails.

Thank you Michael for digging these bulbs and sharing
So I'm planting a ton of native berries, fruits, trees, flowers and so on with the idea of sharing most of it, really, most of it.

But in order to do that I have to insure that the new plants get a reasonable and fair start in the world, and with deer nibbling tops and gophers gulping roots, they don't stand a chance.

So today, I planted hundreds of dangerous daffodils and paper whites, carefully outlining the territory, mine and theirs. I know it will take a lot more than that but that's my first defensive line.

Comments