Recycling - August 24, 2013

There's unfinished experimental art work (that's all I seem to do) scattered throughout my studio and much of it simply won't be tossed. So I've evolved a work approach of entering the studio without expectation, and wandering around the mess letting hands choose scraps and pieces to play with the possibilities. Then proceeds a back and forth conversation such as, "you want this with that?". "Yes, I insist." "Shall we wax it on the hot plate?" "Sure, why not?" That sort of thing can go on all day. And usually ends in surprise.

Yesterday an old water color study (I don't do water color, ha!), insisted, I mean really insisted that she be center stage so I did the only reasonable thing and threw it on the hot plate and started melting away, drawing and collaging as 3 small pieces emerged once the slicing, dicing, melting, and layering was done.


Comments