Collaging Compulsion - December 29, 2014

As I notice how much I adore the processes of finding, cutting, pasting and now including words in this collage process, it makes me wonder what is behind this re-purposing of materials that so engages. My studio feels like a kindergarten room with no teacher and no rules, but there must be more than that. When I cut up poems and reconfigure them, there is magic in those words. I would not have written anything that way and it completely delights and at the same time feels true. A collaboration of sorts, unplanned, surprising, fresh, fun.

                                Today Has Been Turned Upside Down

                                  sudden and complete surrender to inspired
                                             play nimbly up and down the staircase, hinting
                                                     that my father's invention was a universal way


                                      The next moment they were sitting in the library.
                                       librarian scrambled to her feet beside him.


         Not so sure I'm glad I took
         The shortcut to adulthood.


Acrylic and Poem Collage

Comments