Intersection - December 10, 2014

Spending time reviewing older posts, I notice the central role that body and sensation play in my experience. About four years ago my pelvic brain woke up during a dance at a workshop and has been calling for attention and leading me to delicious places since. 

One of the most helpful supports in this process has been Philip Shepherd's book, New Self, New World, and his recent workshop at Esalen with thirteen lovely participants.

Leaving the workshop there was only one question as I drove for hours. How does this embodied, beautiful aliveness square with the other felt sense that all is and arises from consciousness? Is there an intersection? I watched the parallel yellow lines on the highway for miles wondering if this is what I would need to ultimately settle for, two true experiences that don't meet.

Then as I approached the end of cell range for awhile, I popped in a youtube Advaita talk on the phone and in the first two minutes the discussion was all I needed. Francis Lucille referred to the body as a celebration, not something to be denied, and this notion is settling tenderly these last few days.

I am sensing less interest in chasing for answers and more in experiencing aliveness.

Water color and ink on Terraskin

Comments