Out of - January 5, 2015

There can be a wistful sadness in caring for Hospice patients and this one reflects that sensibility for me.

                                                       Out of and into           

        Early one summer morning, when I was

                        understanding the muffled womb of green     


                                                                     sparrows overhead and
                                                                     cockroaches eating               
                                                                      my notebook.

I said good-bye to the praying mantis


                          Till as in a looking-glass,


                                           the hole remains


                                           in my memory


Acrylic Poem Collage

Comments