Then You're a Leaf - January 18, 2015

                                     Then
                                   You're
                                     a Leaf

                 Should I tell the truth?
                 Or should Mother hear lies?   Her
                                     voice as well as the
          blackbirds that I had seen

                                  taught me everything.

       Even though I did not want to know -

                                       I found you locked into a dream

                                 the sun pulls weeds up over its 
                                      rusted body.
                                                  And that's that.

                           But sometimes

                                  I like to eat lots of honey.

               eagerness of unfed hope sounded like a 
                                       bird chirping away. That    
                                       is the way of sadness.



Unfinished Acrylic Poem Collage




Comments