Shifting

Watching what I do next always surprises me. Having dropped many activities, rowing, tango, painting, even Mira has taken some sort of a long vacation, I'm doing less, which feels right, less rushed. 

But other things always appear, and knitting seems to be the latest, rising from the ashes of childhood. I knit a poncho shawl thing last year that I wear a lot and get constant comments even requests to knit, so decided to knit for fundraising auctions. With knitting the fingers are busy, the mind is at rest. I like to do simple projects but play with color and design within that. There's no pattern for these shawls.

Going live on Wednesday at the Bayside Community Hall fundraiser with several projects and will see if there's any response.


Oops, just realized that there are a couple more that I handed in and forgot to photograph.

Comments

Nelson Pottery said…
Interesting, Rebecca, as I have taken up embroidery once again. Learned it in childhood also. am selling them in hoops at Gallery 220, along with my pottery. This is not your Grandmothers embroidery though.....a beautiful six inch ring of flowers and in the center "Don't Care". A couple of cute cacti that says "Don't be a Prick", an anatomical heart....just things to make you look at old fashioned needle work differently. Keeps my hands going in the evenings, which just feels good!! Love your shawls.