Knitting Without Borders

Since Sokimo (from Latin for Monster Partner) came into my life I have become obsessed with researching sculptural knitting ideas, gathering fabulous colorful yarns, and knitting until midnight or whenever my eyes give out.

Soki 1 and 2
There's a lot of ripping out and redoing in the learning of a new thing, including following a pattern (which I detest) to learn how to make a particular component or part of an imagined thing.

I've left other activities lying in the dust as my brain knits on. After this many decades even I have begun to see the pattern of my way of diving in deeply and hard, then moving on.

I hope I stick with this one awhile as it is so much fun. The designing, making, and being surprised as the thing emerges and asks for parts I hadn't imagined is reminiscent of the painting process. These are definitely collagey in nature and feed my need to use up odd balls and leftovers.

I think of this as freestyle knitting, sculptural ... knitting without patterns, without borders or boundaries - including good taste.


Comments

caroline said…
Love your knitting!!! definitely Tricot sans frontiers.....C