No Relief

I would like to report nothing but election jubilation at this household over all the colorful women elected to the House. Just imagine the house cleaning that they face. That's why the job is going to women.


Internet Photo
But alas I awoke yesterday to an emotional meltdown that didn't feel personal, that I can't even put into a story of umbrage, more as if it is impersonal energy flowing through me.

Luckily the Come Together event was a huge distraction and a wonderful joyous gathering of people, food, music, and generosity, right down the street. My knitted items all found good homes, and the woman who purchased my knitting lessons is a neighbor I want to know better, so all is well in Bayside.


I'm beginning to sense that the crux of this emotional weather is to understand it as exactly that, weather, in this case storms of rage, anger, and sadness.


Today I am feeling the relaxing of personal interests, a tenderizing of the heart that feels the pain and suffering of others, appreciates the sun on my face as I write, and does not know and cannot know what is happening.

Comments